Friday 8 January 2010

Welcome to the Psoriasis Diet Diary

Welcome to the Psoriasis Diet Diary blog. My name is Gregor Morrison. I have created this blog to diary my progress experimenting with diet as a means to controlling my psoriasis. The fundamentals of the diet are described in the book Healing Psoriasis by John Pagano. I’ve read a lot about diet and its relationship to Psoriasis. Many individuals appear to have had success, while others are not so fortunate. My gut feeling is that failure comes from a lack will power or inclination to stick to the diet long enough to see the positive effects that will drive through the dark times. My own failure last year, as I will explain, came from the other hidden trap of over-confidence.
In a culture of fast food (junk or not), it is very hard to get started on the diet. You will need to persevere. You must learn to set time aside to plan meals and cook, going against the grain of today’s hunger for fast and/or prepared meals. Don’t get me wrong, there are plenty of meals you can create in 10 minutes if time is an absolute show-stopper. You’ll need to trust that good, healthy food is far tastier than junk once you garner the right frame of mind. I really enjoy the food on the diet but struggle more with over-eating, drinking and the occasional smoke. I also have a sweet tooth that needs looking after. But when you see results, including healthy weight loss, a general feeling of well-being and of course skin improvement, you’ll know you’ve done the right thing.
This will be my 2nd attempt at experimenting with diet as a means to controlling psoriasis. Like most habits, a bad diet is hard to kick. I stopped smoking 10 years ago after countless failed attempts. Implementing a healthy diet is a lot easier than stopping smoking. Ask any smoker/ex-smoker. I started the regime January 2009 with a strong will to succeed and I did very well but I fell into a couple of hidden traps along the way. I experienced enough positivity to warrant another shot. This time round I will not make any mistakes.

1 comment: